Ojai Clear Sky Clock (its an astonomer's tool)

Sunday, May 16, 2010

ISS last night



I use software to determine where certain objects are at night. Last night at 9:38 PM the International Space Station was scheduled for a pass over my observatory. I spent the afternoon setting up the big 16" dob and my equipment. Like clockwork, the ISS appeared in the WNW sky exactly as scheduled. Using a 15mm lense I tracked the ISS all the way through the sky up to about 60 degress when it disappeared from view. I could see the large solar panels on the craft glowing orange from the reflection of the sun. Beautiful. If the sky clears I have two more chances to view ISS today and tomorrow. This time I plan to try a video capture of the craft--a very diffcult thing to do. Right now the sky is cloudy (5pm), Im hoping it clears. If I get a shot, you'll see it on my astrophotography site: www.lalunasky.com
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment